This Thursday's tour is around Clubhouse Lake. Limit of 8 people. Reservations accepted until Noon the Wednesday before.
Saturdays are made for this 2.5 -3 hour paddle.
This Thursday is an Standup Paddle Board paddle to Joyce Estates! Limit of 8 people.
Clubhouse Lake sits in the heart of the Chippewa National forest, with a gorgeous 47 site campground AND a great day use area, all surrounded by stately pine trees. It provides fantastic paddling as it meanders through small lakes and rivers in the area which was part of the Rice River canoe route. Join us on this guided tour. We should enjoy seeing lots of water loving critters such as loons, turtles and fish, swimming in the clear waters.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll catch a ride up to the lake. We will then hop into kayaks, paddle over to the campground for lunch, then paddle off to explore the river/lake route. At around 3:30 we will load up and head back to the shop.
Gunn Lake chain is a small chain of lakes that run between the Chippewa National Forest and the George Washington State Forest. If you’re looking to get away to the Northwoods and enjoy a series of quiet, scenic lakes, come join us on this guided paddle.
You'll start this adventure at the shop where we'll hop a ride up to the lake. We will paddle to a private picnic area and have lunch around the campfire and then continue our tour and end up back at the shop around 4:30pm.
Imagine an isolated 4,500 acre private resort with 40 buildings including its own golf course, private telephone line and airplane hanger built in the1920’s! Fast forward almost a hundred years to what is now a semi primitive wilderness area managed by the Chippewa National Forest and eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. Come join us as we paddle through beautiful blue waters to this hidden gem.
You'll start this adventure at the shop where we'll hop a ride up to the lake. We'll start on Wabana lake and paddle through Little Trout into Trout where we will then land at Joyce Estate for lunch and a mini tour. We will then paddle back the way we came and end up back at the shop around 4:30.
Lumber first attracted men to the area, iron ore made them stay. The Canisteo Mine Pit is located north of the cities of Coleraine, Bovey, and Taconite. It is a pit lake formed in a complex of numerous inactive iron ore mine pits.
Mineral exploration began in the area around 1888. Iron ore mining began in the Canisteo in 1907 and operations continued through 1986.. It offers some gorgeous kayaking with its blue water and steep red cliffs.
This interesting, relaxing tour starts at the shop where we will take a ride to Taconite. We will then explore the pit, have lunch and if you are so inclined take a swim in the cool waters. We will then load up around 3:30 and head back to the shop.
Limit 8 people! Includes gear and lunch.
A slow moving section of the Mississippi River that flows through parks, open fields and forests. You never know what the next bend might bring.
Start this trip with a quick shuttle (leaving at 9:45am) to down town Grand Rapids. We'll drop you at Steamboat landing where you will then paddle down river until you reach the Blackberry landing, about 8 river miles from where you started. We will be there to pick you up and shuttle you back to Paddle Hoppers. Paddling time approximately 3 hours.
Our cancellation policy is simple, strict, but fair.
• We DO NOT give refunds, rather we will gladly give you credit for use another time.
• If you cancel with 48 hours or more notice a rental credit will be issued in your name good for the same paddling season, which can also be redeemed as a gift certificate.
• No shows and cancellations within 48 hours of the event, for any reason, are subject to full reservation costs, no refund credits.
• We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather, one person’s perfect day on the water may be too hot for somebody else and too cold for the next person. Dress appropriately.
• If the weather is bad due to high winds, lightning, heavy rain, or unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or reschedule your reservation. Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund or credit if rescheduling is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
Other Important Information -
• Due to safety concerns, one and two hour on-site river rentals as well as 1/2 day and day trips are for individuals age 10+ only (age 10-17 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.)
• Younger riders are allowed in tandem kayaks and canoes. Please ask about infant and child life jackets, we may require you to bring one.