Our most popular Trip on a slow-moving section of the Mississippi River that flows through residential, industrial, and natural areas. You will see how we live, work and play along the river. There is also a good chance you'll get to see deer, fox, beaver, muskrat, turtle, ducks, loons or eagles. You never know what will be around the next bend.
Start this trip with a quick shuttle/drive to Tioga Beach landing, where you will then kayak down river until you reach the Pokegama Dam. You will then portage around the dam and continue down river to the shop, about 9 river miles from where you started.
Paddling time 3 to 4 hours.
This trip is also available with tandem kayaks, canoes or standup paddleboards. To book - Click the link below, choose your craft, select a date, how many and click Tioga Morning Trip. Need help, call.
Come let us take you to a couple of our favorite kayaking places. We offer customized, guided trips for families and friends. If you’re looking to get away to the Northwoods and enjoy a series of quiet, scenic lakes, come join us on one of these guided paddles.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll follow us up to the chosen lake/lakes, in your vehicle. We will be kayaking some great waters, stopping for lunch and enjoying the best our lakes have to offer. Which could include, swimming, fishing, nature watching, or enjoying a s'more around a campfire! When it's over you'll have the opportunity to continue exploring the area or following us back into town. Paddling time between 4 to 5 hours.
Minimum 5 people, maximum 12 people.
Includes gear and a water, bring your own lunch.
Offered by Appointment June through September.
Call us to talk options and book!
Imagine an isolated 4,500 acre private resort with 40 buildings including its own golf course, private telephone line and airplane hanger built in the1920’s! Fast forward almost a hundred years to what is now a semi primitive wilderness area managed by the Chippewa National Forest and eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. Come join us as we paddle through beautiful blue waters to this hidden gem.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll follow us up to the lake in your vehicle. We will unload the gear and start paddling on Wabana lake. We'll paddle through Little Trout into Trout where we will then land at Joyce Estate for lunch and to stretch your legs. We will then paddle back the way we came and end up back in town around 4:30.
Limit 8 people. Includes gear and a water, bring your own lunch.
This is a FUN one!!
In collaboration with Blueberry Hills Golf Course and RV Park, the Deer River Chamber of Commerce presents Paddle the River, a kayaking and paddle boarding event that is fun for the whole family! Bring your own kayak/paddle board or rent one! Enjoy good company and beautiful scenery as you paddle down the Deer River and then join us for food, drinks and a good time after at the golf course!
Meet at Blueberry Hills Golf Course and RV Park to start registering at Noon. Shuttles will leave at 12:45 SHARP and drop off participants at their starting points. Participants will paddle back to the golf course, where an after-party is being hosted. There will be 2 starting points. The first one will be by Clara Lutheran Church, which will take approximately 2-3 hours to complete (depending on experience). The second will start closer to the golf course and take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
Children (5 and under): FREE
Children (6-12 years): $15
*Register online by June 1st to receive $5 off your registration fee.
This is going to be a SUPER FUN event but maybe you Need a kayak or standup paddle board to Rent - Paddle Hopper's has you covered. Please reserve by June 18th so we can line up delivery for you!
Minutes down the road from our shop is the Tioga Recreation Area a premier outdoor adventure destination on the Iron Range in Northern Minnesota. 500 wooded acres located on two of the region’s most unique lakes features 25 miles of world-class mountain biking, snowshoe trails, beaches, and access to hundreds of miles of waterways.
The Tioga pit is the perfect place to take your Paddle Hoppers kayak or standup paddle board rental. We suggest the 4 hour or day rental. We may have some limited delivery options if you can't haul it yourself, inquire prior to booking please.
So many trails to ride, don't have a bike? Ardent Bike is just up the road, and they offer bike rentals. Check them out at the link below.
For your convienience we partnered with Recreogo to offer you a book now option.
Give us a call or send us an email .
Off Season - by appointment.
Our cancellation policy is simple, strict, but fair.
• We DO NOT give refunds, rather we will gladly give you credit for use another time.
• If you cancel with 48 hours or more notice a rental credit will be issued in your name good for the same paddling season, which can also be redeemed as a gift certificate.
• No shows and cancellations within 48 hours of the event, for any reason, are subject to full reservation costs, no refund credits.
• We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather, one person’s perfect day on the water may be too hot for somebody else and too cold for the next person. Dress appropriately.
• If the weather is bad due to high winds, lightning, heavy rain, or unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or reschedule your reservation. Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund or credit if rescheduling is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
Other Important Information -
• Due to safety concerns, one and two hour on-site river rentals as well as 1/2 day and day trips are for individuals age 10+ only (age 10-17 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.)
• Younger riders are allowed in tandem kayaks and canoes. Please ask about infant and child life jackets, we may require you to bring one.