A slow moving section of the Mississippi River that flows through residential, industrial, and natural areas. You will see how we live, work and play along the river. As well as, getting chances to see deer, fox, beaver, muskrat, turtle, ducks, loons and eagle. You never know will be around the next bend.
Start this trip with a quick shuttle/drive (leaving at 9:45am) to Tioga Beach landing, where you will then kayak down river until you reach the Pokegama Dam. You will then portage around the dam and continue down river to the shop about 9 river miles from where you started. Paddling time approximately 4 hours.
Gunn Lake chain is a small chain of lakes that run between the Chippewa National Forest and the George Washington State Forest. If you’re looking to get away to the Northwoods and enjoy a series of quiet, scenic lakes, come join us on this guided paddle.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll follow us up to the lake in your vehicle. We will paddle to a private picnic area, have lunch and a s'more around the campfire and then continue our tour to end up back in town around 4:30pm.
Do you know what a bog is, what makes a tributary river, or why it's important for our physical, emotional and even spiritual health that we take care of our lakes and rivers? Come find out on this trip where you will enjoy the best of what nature has to offer! Join us on this guided tour. We should enjoy seeing water loving critters such as loons, turtles and fish, some pretty cool plants and maybe a dip in the lake.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll follow us up to the landing in your vehicle. We will paddle to a private picnic area, have lunch and a s'more around the campfire, possibly take a swim and then continue our tour to end up back in town around 4:30pm.
Imagine an isolated 4,500 acre private resort with 40 buildings including its own golf course, private telephone line and airplane hanger built in the1920’s! Fast forward almost a hundred years to what is now a semi primitive wilderness area managed by the Chippewa National Forest and eligible for the National Register of Historic Places. Come join us as we paddle through beautiful blue waters to this hidden gem.
Your adventure starts at the shop, where you'll follow us up to the lake in your vehicle. We will unload the gear and start paddling on Wabana lake. We'll paddle through Little Trout into Trout where we will then land at Joyce Estate for lunch and to stretch your legs. We will then paddle back the way we came and end up back in town around 4:30.
Our cancellation policy is simple, strict, but fair.
• We DO NOT give refunds, rather we will gladly give you credit for use another time.
• If you cancel with 48 hours or more notice a rental credit will be issued in your name good for the same paddling season, which can also be redeemed as a gift certificate.
• No shows and cancellations within 48 hours of the event, for any reason, are subject to full reservation costs, no refund credits.
• We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather, one person’s perfect day on the water may be too hot for somebody else and too cold for the next person. Dress appropriately.
• If the weather is bad due to high winds, lightning, heavy rain, or unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or reschedule your reservation. Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund or credit if rescheduling is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
Other Important Information -
• Due to safety concerns, one and two hour on-site river rentals as well as 1/2 day and day trips are for individuals age 10+ only (age 10-17 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.)
• Younger riders are allowed in tandem kayaks and canoes. Please ask about infant and child life jackets, we may require you to bring one.