Want to paddle? We have kayaks, canoes and standup paddle boards waiting for you! Stay and play on the river for an hour or two right here on the Mississippi River at Paddle Hoppers.
Lakewood Lodge and Sand Lake Lodge would like to invite you to Sand Lake (Deer River, MN) for a day of standup paddle board racing and family fun. The 5K SUP Race, for participants 16 and older, will start at 10am with a $20 registration fee (includes a t-shirt).
Why not make a day of it, check out the other events.
August 15th, 2021
9:00 – 9:30 Board Drop & Parking
9:30 Race Meeting
10:00 – 11:30 5K SUP Race from Resort to Resort
11:30 - Kid’s Race (free)
12:00 – 1:00 Lunch
1:00 – 2:00 200M Race
2:30 Awards Ceremony
3:00 – 5:00 Lawn Games & SUP Shenanigans
5:30 - Dinner
Contact the Resorts to Register!
Want to make it a week? Check out what Lakewood Lodge & Sand Lake Lodge have to offer.
(Resort Links Below).
Lakewood Lodge takes great pride in offering a variety of resort activities providing a Minnesota Family Vacation you will never forget.
Here at Sand Lake Lodge we are proud to offer a variety of unique paddle boarding experiences that are designed for beginner and advanced paddlers and fly fishers alike.
Our cancellation policy is simple, strict, but fair.
• We DO NOT give refunds, rather we will gladly give you credit for use another time.
• If you cancel with 48 hours or more notice a rental credit will be issued in your name good for the same paddling season, which can also be redeemed as a gift certificate.
• No shows and cancellations within 48 hours of the event, for any reason, are subject to full reservation costs, no refund credits.
• We do not allow cancellations for less than ideal weather, one person’s perfect day on the water may be too hot for somebody else and too cold for the next person. Dress appropriately.
• If the weather is bad due to high winds, lightning, heavy rain, or unsafe conditions we will call you to cancel or reschedule your reservation. Cancellations made by our staff due to weather will receive a full refund or credit if rescheduling is not possible. We reserve the right to cancel any rental at any time due to extreme conditions deemed unsafe.
Other Important Information -
• Due to safety concerns, one and two hour on-site river rentals as well as 1/2 day and day trips are for individuals age 10+ only (age 10-17 must be accompanied by a parent or adult guardian.)
• Younger riders are allowed in some solo kayaks, tandem kayaks and canoes. Please ask about infant and child life jackets, we may require you to bring one.